Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week we finished up learning about the letter F. We had fun learning about the letter F with farm animals and frogs. Ask your child to name things that begin with the letter F, we were able to come up with many items that start with F.
This week we also got to do “specials” with the other all day classrooms. We will be having extended lessons for math,science, Spanish, and phonics for 15 minutes each on Wednesdays each week.
Centers This Week:
- Painted the letter F with q-tips to build our fine motor muscles
- Picked and counted with corn kernels to match numbers
- Matched upper and lower case letters with tractor wheels
- Practiced tracing and writing the letter Ff
- Made patterns with farm animals
- “Fed” farm animals the letter Ff
- Dug letters out of corn kernels and matched them
- Balanced different sized frogs on lily pads in water
- Cut out lily pads and learned how to draw a frog by making circles
- Sorted colored bugs
- Jumped frogs onto letter lily pads to name each letter
Books We Read:
- Farmyard Beat
- Inside a Barn in the Country
- Jump Frog Jump
We will learn about the letter P with pumpkins, pizza, and popcorn
Thursday is wear your PJ’s to school day. We will be also watching the movie Spookley the Square Pumpkin and having a snack with Skinny pop popcorn, Swedish fish, marshmallows, and pretzels. If your child can not have any of these please contact me at email@example.com
Please remember to bring in a water bottle. We do go outside and we do not have a drinking fountain that the children can use.
Have a great weekend!