Mrs. Colleen’s Classroom
I can’t believe we are already on Christmas Break! Time is flying! Here is a snap shot of our week:
- We made Christmas Cards.
- Played a game of filling cups with pompoms. The students used dice and tweezers for this activity. The tweezers are a great way to build muscles in those little hands!
- Matched trees with uppercase letters to gifts with lowercase letters.
- Completed a tree sizing cutting page that I sent home. The cutting skills are improving!
- Made Christmas Cookies with kinetic sand and cookie cutters.
- Used magnetic tiles and jingle bells to make Christmas trees.
- We also completed a Christmas graphing activity as a class.
- We had our Christmas Party!
- We talked about the real meaning of Christmas.
- We also had our gift exchange. I was impressed by how thankful the students were. It was lovely to see their joy and thankfulness!
- We also packed our gift bags of ornaments. I hope everyone enjoys all of their beautiful creations!
- Completed a creative writing where the students chose what they would give to baby Jesus for his birthday.
- Completed Christmas themed pattern block sheets.
- Created reindeer with a “roll a reindeer” activity with dice.
- Used push pins to make Christmas trees. These turned out awesome so I sent those home!
- We had a Christmas scavenger hunt and Christmas charades at the end of the day.
Please remember to pack water bottles each day.
Please, please make sure your child goes to the bathroom before you leave for school. We do not have our first bathroom break until 9:30. We do cover a lot during those 30 minutes and I hate to have them miss that instruction.
If you need to get in touch with me please send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school 219-365-5735. You can also send me a text at 708-275-8924.
I hope everyone has an enjoyable break and I look forward to seeing everyone in January!