Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
It has been so great to see everyone back. I missed everyone so much!
These past 2 weeks we have learned about the letter W with winter animals and hibernation and the letter S with superheros, stars, snowmen, and sports. The numbers we are learning this number are 13 and 14.
- Letter “W” sound puzzle
- Fed the bear letter Ws
- Built letters out of shapes
- Matched and sorted upper and lower case letters with superheros and tall and short buildings
- Snowball letter sort (W,S, I and X)
- Made letters out of play-doh
- Matched upper case and lower case baseballs on a baseball field
- Made marshmallows out of play-doh and added them to a hot chocolate play-doh mat
- Picked a number and put that number of bears in a cave
- Counted spiders onto spider-man’s spider web
- Rolled a dice and built a snowman out of circles
- Sequenced building a snowman
- Counted balls into a basketball hoop
- Stacked foam balls with play-doh between to build a snowman
- Played with Oobleck melted snowman (mixture of corn starch and water)
- Painted with shaving cream
- Balance foam balls on golf tees
Books We Read:
- The Mitten
- “Shh” Bears Sleeping
- Little Bear’s Bestfriend
- Snowmen at Night
Next week we will be learning about the letter I with ice, ice skating, and ice cream. On Thursday January 21st we will be making an ice cream sundae. If your child can not eat the items listed on the calendar, please let me know.
Parent teacher conferences are Friday January 22nd. Please arrive promptly as conferences are only 15 minutes. I am looking forward meeting with each of you!
We still try to go outside if the weather allows. Please make sure your child comes with a warm coat, gloves/mittens, and a hat.
I encourage everyone to send in a water bottle. We do not have a water fountain available because of COVID.
Have a great weekend!