Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week we learned about the letter O with owls and opposites.
We had a pretty exciting week getting to listen to the police officers that came to talk to us. We learned how police officers keep us safe and even got to meet the police dog.
The weather was so nice on Friday that we got to go outside and do an obstacle course jumping with hula hoops, walking on jump ropes, and running around cones.
Centers This Week:
- Stacked number cups to make a tower
- Used play-doh to make the letter “O” and an owl
- Used feathers to put through the holes of buttons
- Played an owl board game by identifying letters
- Traced and wrote the numbers 4, 5, 6, and 7
- Sorted paper that in long and short columns
- Put together opposite puzzles
- Letter spinners to match the upper and lower case letters Oo, Ff, Pp, and Rr
- Matched opposites
- Owl memory game
- Rolled dice and matched the number
- Painted with paper towel rolls to make the letter O
- Glued tissue paper on pumpkins
Books We Read:
- Creepy Carrot
- Learn About Opposites
- My letter “O” book
- There Was an Old Lady That Swallowed a Fly
We will learn about the letter R with rainbows and will have fun with Halloween activities!
Tuesday, we will be graphing with rainbow goldfish and then eating them. If your child can not have these, please contact me.
Wednesday is our classroom harvest party. You are welcome to send your child to school in their costume on Wednesday. If you feel like you need to send something else for your child to change into, please do. We always have very busy days and I would hate for someone to be uncomfortable.
We will be making spiders out of Oreo’s, pretzels and M&M’s during our harvest party. If your child can not have any of these please contact me at email@example.com.
Please remember to bring in a water bottle. We do go outside and we do not have a drinking fountain that the children can use.
Have a great weekend!