Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week we learned about the letter R with rainbows and robots.
We had a blast celebrating at our harvest party!!! The kids had so much fun going trunk or treating, throwing cotton balls on a sticky spider web, shooting pompom balls into pumpkin buckets and making a spider for our snack. Thank you all who donated items and helped out for our party, without you, we would not have had the fun we had!
Centers This Week:
- Built rainbows with colored beads
- Had an upper case and lower case letter R race by rolling a cube
- Graphed with colored goldfish
- Made the letter R out of play-doh
- Halloween writing bingo
- Used scissors to cut spaghetti noodles
- Rolled a dice and stacked spider rings
- Matched upper and lower case letters on a spider web
- Created robots using play-doh, google eyes, pipe cleaners, and craft sticks
- Practiced writing the letter Rr
- Used number spinners to fill cups with pom pom balls
- Robot rhyming puzzles
- Painted with marbles to make spider webs
Books We Read:
- Five Colorful Crayons
- How the Crayons Saved the Rainbow
- My “r” Book
- Little Boo
- Inside a House That is Haunted
- Pumpkin Magic
We will learn about the letter N with noodles, numbers and names.
We do not have school this Tuesday November 3, enjoy your day off!
Please remember to bring in a water bottle. We do go outside and we do not have a drinking fountain that the children can use.
Please send your child to school with a hat, gloves, and a warm jacket now that it is starting to get cold out. We still try to take the kids out for recess if the weather allows.
Have a great weekend!