Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
We had another great week of school this week. It seems like everyone was so eager to come back to learn and have fun. We continued to have fun in school this week with Pete The Cat. There are so many Pete The Cat books, it was hard to choose which ones to learn about and have fun with. We enjoyed reading books and learned about colors, counting and feelings. We also made many predictions during each story and learned how to retell stories from the beginning, middle and end.
Centers this week:
- Putting letters in order of names
- Letter “M” search
- Matched upper and lower case letters on sunglasses
- Made patterns with Pete the Cat’s colored shoes
- Made Pete’s buttons with play-doh
- Practiced writing the letter “M”
- Put shapes buttons on pipe cleaners
- Rolled dice and counted the number of buttons
- Practiced writing the number 2 and counting 2 things
- Made pictures with shapes
Books We Read:
- Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes
- Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons
- Pete the Cat and His magic sunglasses
We will have fun learning about the letter “A” with apples.
I hope everyone had a fun weekend!