Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week we had fun learning about the letter K with kites and also learned about how to help our Earth stay clean for us to live in. We will continue to celebrate Earth Day next Wednesday due to the weather. Hopefully we will get our nice weather back next week. Please still bring in your recycle items to school by Wednesday so we can enjoy “kicking for recycling”
We are learning our phone numbers and addresses at school. If you do not have a home phone listed, I am teaching them mom’s cell phone. If you wish your child to learn a different one, please let me know. It is great to work on this at home along with your address. I have been rewarding them with an extra treasure box for reciting their phone numbers. Keep up the great work everyone!
We will continue to learn about numbers 19 and 20.
- Matched beginning letter sounds to objects on a kite string
- Built letters out out shapes
- Rhymed with the song “Down By the Bay”
- Letter garbage pick up
Math and Science Activities:
- Counted beads on kite string
- Rolled a dice and planted truffula trees (from the Lorax)
- Measured truffula trees with cubes
- Sorted recyclable items
Fine Motor and Art Activities:
- Drew shapes in shaving cream
- Traced Earth and recycle shapes
- Practiced writing the letter K
- Made the letter K with play-doh
- Finger painted the Earth
Books We Read:
- Kite Day
- Itty Bitty Kittie
- My “k” book
- The Lorax
- How to Help the Earth by The Lorax
- The Earth Book
Next week we will be learning about the Y.
Earth Day celebration is Wednesday April 28th.
Wear yellow to school on Thurday April 29th.
We still try to go outside if the weather allows. Please make sure to send your child with a jacket, the weather does change throughout the day.
I encourage everyone to send in a water bottle. We do not have a water fountain available because of COVID.
Have a great weekend!