Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week we had fun celebrating Easter and learning about the letter Q with queens and quilts. It was so great to finally get to go outside for activities this week. We sure enjoyed the sunshine while we got to have recess outside!
We will also focus on the numbers 19 and 20 this month.
- Cracked “Easter eggs” and found their lower case match and traced the letter
- Sorted lower case letters q and p
- Rhymed objects to make a quilt
- Made patterns on eggs with dot dabbers
- Matched number tallies to their number symbol on a crown
- Made quilts out of shapes
Fine Motor and Art Activities:
- Cut out bunny ears
- Put together Easter puzzles
- Practiced writing the letter Qq
- Made a letter q queen and glued sequins on it
- Made quilts out of play-doh
- Used a q-tip to paint the numbers 19 and 20
- Wove paper to make a colorful quilt
- Glued tissue paper to make a “family” quilt
Books We Read:
- The Best Easter Eggs Ever
- Happy Go Ducky
- My “Q” Book
- Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
- Pete the Car at the Beach
Next week we will be learning about the B. Tuesday April 13th is our boot camp day and our day to wear your camo.
We still try to go outside if the weather allows. Please make sure to send your child with a jacket, the weather does change throughout the day.
I encourage everyone to send in a water bottle. We do not have a water fountain available because of COVID.
Have a great weekend!