Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week we learned about the letter R with rainbows and robots. Next week we will learn about the letter P with pizza,pumpkins, popcorn and pajamas.
We have an exciting week coming up! On Wednesday 10/27 we are having our harvest party. We will have a fun party and do trick or treating at the school so please wear your costume to school. If your child’s costume is going to be uncomfortable to wear all day, please bring a change of clothes for your child. On Thursday 10/28 is our pajama and popcorn day. Everyone can wear pajamas to school and we will be watching the movie, Spookly Square Pumpkin and eating popcorn. Please contact me (email@example.com) if your child can not eat Skinny Pop popcorn.
It was so great to see some of you at the pumpkin patch. I hope everyone had a wonderful time!
- Had a letter Rr race by rolling a letter Rr block
- Rhymed with matching robots
- Made rainbow patterns with beads
- Rolled a dice and counted google eyes onto a rectangle
- Used pattern blocks to make the letter F, R, O, and P
- Built a rainbow with pipe cleaners
- Painted a rainbow with q-tips
- Painted with shaving cream on rainbow paper
- Made robots with play-doh
- Traced and wrote the letter Rr
- Robot line tracing
Books We Read:
- Mixed, A Colorful Story
- The Bot That Scott Built
Please remember to pack water bottles each day and if you have not brought in extra clothes yet, please do so.
Please, please make sure your child goes to the bathroom before you leave for school. We do not have our first bathroom break until 9:30. We do cover a lot during those 30 minutes and I hate to have them miss that instruction.
If you need to get in touch with me please send me a email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school 219-365-5735.
I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and I look forward to see everyone on Tuesday!