Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week we had a great time learning about the letter A with astronauts, ants, and alligators. We continued to review classroom rules and routines. I see many friendships are forming as the children are getting to know one another.
Next week we will continue to learn about the letter A with apples. We will be taste testing different apples on Wednesday, September 22 and remember to wear red on Thursday, September 23 this week.
- Matching upper and lower case lettes with “moon sand” and letter stamps
- Spinner upper and lower case letter A match
- Letter A beginning sound puzzle
- The the alligator sound game
- Learned what a “10 frame” was by filling it with moon rocks
- Rolled a dice and added ants to grass
- Rolled a dice and added teeth to an alligator
- Painted a moon with foil
- Traced and practiced writing the letter Aa
- Cut on ant trails
- Built ant hills with kinetic sand
- Painted with bubble wrap
- Used alligator clothespins to pick up pom pom balls
Books We Read:
- My “A” Book
- I Want to be an Astronaut
- The Ants Go Marching
Please remember to pack water bottles each day and if you have not brought in extra clothes yet, please do so.
Please, please make sure your child goes to the bathroom before you leave for school. We do not have our first bathroom break until 9:30. We do cover a lot during those 30 minutes and I hate to have them miss that instruction.
If you need to get in touch with me please send me a email email@example.com or call the school 219-365-5735.
I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and I look forward to see everyone on Tuesday!