Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week we continued learning about the letter A with Apples. We got to taste test different colored apples and as a class we used a graph to find out which apple was liked the most. Ask your child to see if they remembered which one was liked the most, I will give you a hint, it was a tie!
Next week we will continue to learn about the letter M with mustaches, muffins, and mud. On Wednesday September 29th we will be reading the book, If You Give A Moose a Muffin and eating little bite muffins. If your child can not eat these, please contact me Amccrady14@yahoo.com.
- Upper and lower case letter apple tree match
- Letter “Aa” search and find
- Apple letter freeze game
- 10 Apples up on top counting
- Rolled a dice and filled up an apple basket
- Made patterns with apples
- Graphing favorite apple and making tallies
- Tracing and writing the letter Aa
- Making apple worms with play-doh
- Picking letters out of rice and tracing them
- Made letter Aa’s out of play-doh
Books We Read:
- 10 Apples Up On Top
- Let’s Go Apple Picking
- The Apple Pie Tree
- Under The Apple Tree
- Apple Trouble
Please remember to pack water bottles each day and if you have not brought in extra clothes yet, please do so.
Please, please make sure your child goes to the bathroom before you leave for school. We do not have our first bathroom break until 9:30. We do cover a lot during those 30 minutes and I hate to have them miss that instruction.
If you need to get in touch with me please send me a email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school 219-365-5735.
I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and I look forward to see everyone on Tuesday!