Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week we finished up learning about the letter M and A. We had a great time eating our muffins together and pretending we were on the moon!
Ask your child to show you how to make “Missy Mouse” for the letter M sound and “Ally Alligator” for the letter A sound. We will be learning a hand movement to make each letter’s sound this year.
Centers This Week:
- Filled numbered muffin tins up with pompoms
- Letter “M” sound puzzle
- Cut the letter “M” out to make a Moose
- Used spoons to fill muffin tins up with water beads
- Filled frames with “moon rocks”
- Made moon craters out of play-doh and stamped lower case letters in them
- Used our fingers to write letters in “moon sand”
- Counted and threw “moon rocks” into a bucket
- Sorted the letter “A” sound and letter “M” sound objects
- Cut on ant trail lines
- Picked plastic ants out of sand with tweezers
- Practiced writing the lower case “a” and “m”
Books We Read:
- If You Give A Moose A Muffin
- Goodnight Moon
- The Ant Bully
We will learn about the letter F with farm and frog themes
Please remember to bring in a water bottle. We do go outside and we do not have a drinking fountain that the children can use.
Have a great weekend!