Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
Well we made it through the first week of school! This week we learned our classroom rules and routines and got to know each other. We drank our first day jitters away with “jitter juice” and learned about different emotions.
I hope everyone enjoyed their first week back to school and is ready to come back for more fun and learning!
- Letter puzzles
- Retelling the story of Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes
- Spelled first name with beads and stickers
- Made number towers with cubes
- Rolling a block and counting buttons
- Graft our feelings
- Traced our first names, circles and ovals
- Used scissors to cut play-doh
- Put shape buttons onto pipe cleaners
- Made faces with play-doh
Books We Read:
- First Day Jitters
- Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes
- Pete the Cat, Rocking in My School Shoes
- I Like Myself
Please remember to pack water bottles each day and if you have not brought in extra clothes yet, please do so.
If you need to get in touch with me please send me a email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school 219-365-5735.
I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and I look forward to see everyone on Tuesday!