Mrs. Colleen’s Classroom
Welcome back from break! I loved hearing about everyone’s Christmas and all the fun they had over break. Here is a snap shot of our week:
- We practiced writing letter W.
- Completed a letter W cut page and talked about words that start with W. I am happy to see the improving cutting skills!
- Practiced putting the numbers 1-20 in number order.
- Matched mittens with numbers and dots.
- Used a hole punch to match uppercase and lowercase letters. Those hole punchers are a great way to strengthen hand muscles!
- Completed a write the room activity. The kids wrote different words that were with a picture about emotions. We then talked about being happy, sad, mad, etc. The kids loved this activity so we will be doing more write the room activities in the future.
- We practiced writing letters and teen numbers in the snow (salt).
- Completed a creative writing where each student chose what they would put in a big mitten. The answers were awesome and so was their handwriting!
- We used play dough to make shapes!
- We completed a monthly name writing and coloring page.
- We made “hot chocolate” by picking up a number card and counting that many marshmallows into a cup.
- The students completed a teacher directed drawing of a penguin. These turned out awesome!
- We practice writing teen numbers and letters on light up boards. These boards have become a favorite!
- Completed a Letter W maze by coloring in all the letter W’s.
- Loved playing in a winter sensory bin with all kinds of winter animals.
- Used our cutting skills to make watermelons out of W’s!
- In art, we made polar bears by tracing our hands. Every bear is special and unique!
Please remember to pack water bottles each day.
Please, please make sure your child goes to the bathroom before you leave for school. We do not have our first bathroom break until 9:30. We do cover a lot during those 30 minutes and I hate to have them miss that instruction.
If you need to get in touch with me please send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school 219-365-5735. You can also send me a text at 708-275-8924.
Have a great weekend!