Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week we had fun learning about the letter B with acting like we were at boot camp, discovering with bugs and butterflies, and reading the book Brown Bear Brown Bear. As a class we discovered that there are many things that start with the letter B this week. Ask your child if they can name a few letter B words for you!
Our grass finally grew so much that it needed a hair cut. So Thursday we brought out our scissors and gave it a little hair cut. Hopefully the grass continues to grow at home! We also had our caterpillars arrive this week. We will do a lot of observations these next couple weeks to see the life cycle of a butterfly.
We will also focus on the numbers 19 and 20 this month.
- Completed the alphabet missions in the alphabet boot camp book
- Swatted letter flies with a fly swatter to match beginning sounds of objects
- Retold the Brown Bear Brown Bear book with flannel pieces
- Popped balloons that were either a “b” or a “d”
- Built number towers with cubes
- Added with butterflies
- Used a spinner to graph the color animals from Brown Bear Brown Bear
- Searched for bugs in rice and looked at them with a magnifying glass
Fine Motor and Art Activities:
- Cut out pieces to make our own camouflage
- Wrote the letter Bb
- Wrote color words
- Made the letter Bb with beads and tweezers
Books We Read:
- The Amazing Life Cycles of Butterflies
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Franklin’s Birthday Party
- I Love Bugs
- Brown Bear Brown Bear, What Do You See
Next week we will be learning about the K.
We still try to go outside if the weather allows. Please make sure to send your child with a jacket, the weather does change throughout the day.
I encourage everyone to send in a water bottle. We do not have a water fountain available because of COVID.
Have a great weekend!