Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
We have been busy learning about the letter G. We learned about the letter G with gumballs, the color green, St. Patrick’s Day, gardening, grass and how grandparents are special to us. Be looking for projects that will be coming home in the next couple weeks that will be given to our special grandparents! We also planted grass seed on Thursday. Hopefully, when we get back from spring break, it will already be growing.
We will also focus on the numbers 17 and 18 this month.
- Upper and lower case G sound puzzle
- Wrote the letter G
- Grape upper and lower case coloring page
- Gold coin sound sort
- Sorted gumballs by letter sound
- Matched upper and lower case letters by “planting” flowers in a garden
- Rolled dice and built number towers
- Fed Leprechauns gold coins by rolling a dice
- Found bugs in “grass” with tweezers
- Built caterpillar number puzzle together as a group
- Planted grass seed
Books We Read:
- Llama Llama Gram and Grandpa
- How to Catch a Leprechaun
- In the Tall Tall Grass
- Olivia Plants a Garden
- Five Tough and Tiny Seeds
Next week is spring break so we will not have school next week. Enjoy your week off!
When we return we will be learning about the letter E with eggs/Easter, elephants, and Humpty Dumpty.
We still try to go outside if the weather allows. Please make sure your child comes with a warm coat, gloves/mittens, and a hat.
I encourage everyone to send in a water bottle. We do not have a water fountain available because of COVID.
Have a great weekend!