Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
This week finished our final review of the letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. Next week will be a week of fun before we send your kiddos off to Kindergarten! This week we reviewed the letters G, U, E, B, K, Q, and Y. We also had so much fun celebrating our 100 days of school! We did a lot of counting to 100!
- Matched upper/lower case letters with colored cubes
- Fed the unicorn rhyming words
- Matched upper/lower case baseballs
- Sorted the lower case letters b and d
Math and Science Activities:
- Built towers using 100 dixie cups
- Sequenced numbers 11-20
- Put umbrellas in size order
- Made the letters y and k using pattern blocks and created our own picture using pattern blocks
- Counted to 100 using fruit loops
- Counted to 100 doing exercises
Fine Motor and Art Activities:
- Used a q-tip to paint 100 sprinkles
- Removed bugs from “grass” using tweezers
- Made the letters e and g using play-doh
- Practiced our cutting skills cutting out the letters b and d
- Putting fruit loops on string
Books We Read:
- Kindergarten Here I come
- The Napping House
- Kindergarten Rocks
Next week we will be having fun during the last week of school. We will having fun camping activities and field day.
Wednesday, May 26th is our field day. Please make sure to send your child with clothes and shoes that they can run and have fun in outside. Pleas make sure to send in a water bottle for that day! Hopefully the weather will continue to be nice so we can have so much fun!
It has been so much fun teaching and learning with my class this year. I am going to be so sad saying good bye to everyone. I look forward to see everyone at graduation!
Have a great weekend!