Welcome to Mrs. Nichole’s Pre-K Classroom Page!
Numbers and Letters:
Colors this Week:
Shape of the Week:
Circle and Oval
Tues: A Day of Apples
- Today we learned all about apples! First we started by learning the parts of an apple. (The kids were surprised to learn another name for a apple seed is called a pip) Then we matched uppercase letters in the shape of apples to the matching letter on a apple tree. We then colored apples, cut them out and pasted the apples in the correct order. Finally, we we wrote our names in apples! We had such a fun day learning all about apples!
Wed: Apples on Top
- Today we started out our day by reading the book “10 Apples on Top” by Dr. Seuss. Then we went to the art room to try different types of apples; red, green, and yellow. ( Most of the kids liked the red and the green, but didn’t like yellow.) Then we had fun painting real apples and stamping them on paper! They thought it was so much fun! We then placed a apple dice game and had fun stacking apples on top of on another. Finally we learned how to rhyme words together. We had another fun apple day!
Thurs: Ants Go Marching
- Today we started out the day reading the book “The Ants Go Marching.” Then we sang and marched to ants go marching.( We had so much fun doing this) Then we had fun making apples explode like volcanoes! We put baking soda in the apples and then poured in apple cider vinegar to see what happened. (They loved doing this so much that they asked if we could do pumpkins) Then we practiced searching for the letters in our names in apples and traced our hands and colored a picture of ourselves! We had another great day!
- Little Red Hot
- Apple Trouble
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Ten Red Apples
- 10 Apples on Top
- The Ants go Marching
- One Hundred Hungry Ants
- Sept. 22: Delight in God Psalm 37:4
- Sept. 23: Work with a smile Colossians 3:23
- Sept. 24: A Lazy Day Psalm 33:18
Everyone had a fantastic week! I can’t wait to see everyone on Tuesday! We will be learning about Johnny Apple Seed, Marvelous Moon, and If you give a moose a muffin!
Reminder: We will be eating muffins next week!