Mrs. Amanda’s Classroom
Welcome back to school! We had such a fun first week of school. I was so glad to get meet everyone. We had a fun week getting to know each other and learning how much fun school can be. We read the book My First Day Jitters and talked about how each of us felt during the first day of school. We had so much fun drinking our jitters away with Jitter Juice. We also learned about each of us by sharing “All About me” papers.
- Made our first day of school hand print and took our first day of school picture
- Built first names with stickers
- Made circles and ovals out of straws
- Matched letter with letter magnets
- Counted how many letters that are in our names and learned how to show numbers with tallies and dots.
- Made letters in sand
- Matched upper and lower case letters with magnets
- Made our families out of thumbprints
- Practice our cutting skills by cutting out straight and zigzag lines
- Made number towers
Books We Read
My First Day Jitters
Please remember we are a peanut free school, please do not send any thing in lunches that are made with nuts
Please practice writing first names at home using only a capital for the first letter of the your name
So glad we had such a fun week. Have a great weekend!